Wednesday, July 05, 2006

YouOS

Pushing the barriers of Web 2.0 is YouOS, developed a web-based operating system. YouOS leverages online collaboration tools and provides remote access to your desktop. Developed by four recent college grads (from both coasts), YouOS may be able to bring collaboration to a new level by enabling people to log onto their desktop anywhere in the world and collaborate with an impressive suite of tools developed (not surprisingly) by a community of enthusiasts and early-adopters.

My concern, though, is security and trust. The only reason I have not yet signed up for a YouOS account is because I don't know how my information will be handled. If I were discussing a project with my team, I would not want the information to be hackable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.