Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Library Thing

Cool site: LibraryThing. The site lets users create a virtual bookshelf (hopefully of books they have actually read, not just ones that look particularly impressive). It also includes reviews of books and an overview of the most popular books (I was disappointed to see Harry Potter ranked so highly above many of the classics).

Regardless, I am excited by this "Rotten Tomatoes" of books because I'm always interested in what others are reading and in finding recommendations for great fiction and non-fiction.

And I think that the name is great (I wouldn't know how to name the site other than "that library thing", unless perhaps the "virtual bookshelf," which is not quite as catchy).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.